Astellas’ COVID-19 Pandemic Response
- Prior to the statewide stay-at-home order, Illinois colleagues based in our Northbrook, Ill. headquarters began working from home to help contain the spread of the virus. Business travel was restricted and participation in large gatherings for the foreseeable future was canceled.
- Our field-based employees likewise suspended in-person activities with healthcare professionals in order to reduce infection risks and to allow healthcare professionals to devote their full efforts to those most in need.
- Click here to read more on our response efforts to protect our employees.
- For those employees essential to our supply chain and ongoing drug research efforts, we have enabled them to continue their important work in a safe and healthy manner.
- Astellas doubled paid military leave from two weeks to four weeks to support our service member employees’ military training obligations and remains committed to making up any difference in compensation between their military pay and regular pay for up to two years. We also will be honoring all employee volunteers, including first responders and military employees, with a brick in the Heroes’ Garden of our Northbrook headquarters. Click here to read more about our military benefits.
- Astellas launched a new job search assistance program to support immediate family members of the company’s U.S. employees laid off or otherwise adversely impacted professionally as a result of COVID-19. Eligible family members receive access to a series of four live virtual training sessions led by career transition experts sharing the latest advice and responding to questions about personal branding, resume writing, interview tips and more. The program is free of charge to employees and participants.