Astellas’ COVID-19 Pandemic Response
- Prior to the statewide stay-at-home order, Illinois colleagues based in our Northbrook headquarters began working from home to help contain the spread of the virus. Based on the state of Illinois’ progress against the Restore Illinois Plan and adjustments we have made to our facilities, Astellas is gradually starting to re-open the Northbrook office to a limited number of employees, with the majority continuing to work from home. The approach is designed to enable employees to work in the way they feel most effective and to protect them and their families while helping to prevent a resurgence of COVID-19 cases within our community. We will continue to abide by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), national, state and local health authority guidance.
- Business travel remains restricted and all work-related trips must be made in accordance with local, state and national guidelines, as well as CDC guidance.
- Early on, Astellas’ field-based employees suspended in-person activities with healthcare professionals in order to reduce infection risks and to allow healthcare professionals to devote their full efforts to those most in need. As states begin activating re-entry plans, we will evaluate re-entry of field-based employees on a local basis, based on healthcare provider need and readiness.
- Click here to read more on our response efforts to protect our employees.
- For those employees essential to our supply chain and ongoing drug research efforts, we have enabled them to continue their important work in a safe and healthy manner.
- Astellas doubled paid military leave from two weeks to four weeks to support our service member employees’ military training obligations and remains committed to making up any difference in compensation between their military pay and regular pay for up to two years. We also will be honoring all employee volunteers, including first responders and military employees, with a brick in the Heroes’ Garden of our Northbrook headquarters. Click here to read more about our military benefits.
- To support employees during this challenging time, Astellas has made multiple benefit enhancements for employees, including crisis, student and childcare options, mental health offerings, financial resources and enhanced telehealth services and schedule flexibility to all employees.
- Astellas launched a new job search assistance program to support immediate family members of the company’s U.S. employees laid off or otherwise adversely impacted professionally as a result of COVID-19. Eligible family members receive access to a series of four live virtual training sessions led by career transition experts sharing the latest advice and responding to questions about personal branding, resume writing, interview tips and more. The program is free of charge to employees and participants.