We are advising our employees to combine working at an office and working from home in accordance with the situation in each country and region to secure the safety of our employees to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
- Based on the state of Illinois’ progress against the Restore Illinois Plan and adjustments we have made to our facilities, Astellas has re-opened the Northbrook facilities to a limited number of employees.
- The approach is designed to enable employees to work in the way they feel most effective and to protect them and their families while helping to prevent a resurgence of COVID-19 cases within our community. We will continue to abide by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), national, state and local health authority guidance.
- All work-related trips must be made in accordance with local, state and national guidelines, as well as CDC guidance.
- U.S. field-based employees have resumed in-person interaction with healthcare providers, in accordance with CDC, national, state, local, and institutional guidance for personal protective equipment (PPE) and physical distancing.
- For those employees essential to our supply chain and ongoing drug research efforts, we have enabled them to continue their important work in a safe and healthy manner.
- Astellas doubled paid military leave from two weeks to four weeks to support our service member employees’ military training obligations and remains committed to making up any difference in compensation between their military pay and regular pay for up to two years. We also will be honoring all employee volunteers, including first responders and military employees, with a brick in the Heroes’ Garden of our Northbrook headquarters. Click here to read more about our military benefits.
- To support employees during this challenging time, Astellas has made multiple benefit enhancements for employees, including crisis, student and childcare options, mental health offerings, financial resources and enhanced telehealth services and schedule flexibility.
- Additionally, Astellas provided a new job search assistance program to support immediate family members of the company’s U.S. employees laid off or otherwise adversely impacted professionally due to COVID-19. Eligible family members received access to a series of four live virtual training sessions led by career transition experts.