Astellas Pharma US, Inc.'s "Transplant Experience" Program Receives National Recognition
Multi-award winning program offers resources to empower transplant patients and their caregivers
DEERFIELD, IL, February 26, 2007 – Astellas Pharma US, Inc., a leader in the field of transplantation, has received national honors for their Transplant Experience program – a program offering a variety of tools to help empower patients and caregivers to become active participants in their health care. Since the program’s inception in 2005, Transplant Experience has earned 16 awards, recognizing the quality of various tools from the program, including the Web site (www.TransplantExperience.com), quarterly newsletters, welcome kit and topical booklets. Transplant Experience provides resources for transplant recipients throughout every stage of the transplant experience – pre-transplant, the first year after transplant and beyond.
“Educating the patient community and sharing scientific knowledge with healthcare professionals is Astellas’ responsibility as a leader in the field of transplantation,” said Richard Miller, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Immunology for Astellas Pharma US, Inc. “The numerous awards the Transplant Experience program has earned reinforce our efforts and commitment to providing trusted and quality products that support the long-term health of transplant patients.”
The Transplant Experience program includes, tools, tips and advice from experts in transplantation, including physicians and nurses, and also provides peer-to-peer information from transplant recipients. Materials are available at www.TransplantExpierence.com or by calling 1-800-510-6990 and include:
- Welcome kit, including an inspirational video, a personal treatment journal and a unique pill box to help patients organize and carry their medicines
- Vital information sent directly to patients throughout the year, including newsletters, emails, videos, special gifts and more
- Regular updates on news and events in the transplant community
- Shared stories of challenges and successes
- Tools and advice to help patients achieve long-term health
The resources available through the Transplant Experience have been recognized with more than 16 awards, including the following honors:
Industry Recognition Awards
DTC National Awards
- Silver Award – Best Consumer Relationship Marketing/Direct Mail Campaign
Medical Marketing Association
- Silver Awards – Logo Design and Integrated Consumer Campaign
The Rx Club Awards
- Award Level TBAs – TransplantExperience.com, Welcome Kit
The Medical Marketing and Media Awards
- Best Direct Marketing to Consumers – Transplant Experience Welcome Kit
Web Marketing Association Awards
- Health Care Standard of Excellence – TransplantExperience.com
Consumer Health Awards
National Health Information Awards
- Silver – Transplant Experience Journal
- Bronze – Sharing Life Booklet, Welcome Kit, Quarterly Newsletter
- Merit – Cholesterol and Your New Organ Booklet, Prograf and You Booklet
World Wide Web Health Awards
- Gold Award – Patient Education Information
- Special Award – Best Graphic Design
Health on the Net Foundation
- HONCode Accreditation – TransplantExperience.com
For free educational information from this multi-award winning program, visit www.transplantexperience.com or call 1-800-510-6990.
Astellas is a recognized leader in transplantation and has been committed to the field of immunology for more than 20 years. Dedicated to supporting the advancement of care for patients, Astellas continues to build upon its legacy and leadership in transplantation by investing in ongoing clinical research and new product development.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc., located in Deerfield, Illinois, is a U.S. affiliate of Tokyo-based Astellas Pharma Inc., Astellas is a pharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the health of people around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products. The organization is committed to becoming a global pharmaceutical company by combining outstanding R&D and marketing capabilities and continuing to grow in the world pharmaceutical market.
For more information about Astellas Pharma US, Inc., please visit our website at www.astellas.com/us.
For further information: Maribeth Landwehr Astellas US LLC