Astellas’ COVID-19 Pandemic Response
- Astellas is providing paid time off to full-time employees who are medically qualified practitioners, medically qualified volunteers or individuals seeking to support organizations in need in their local communities. Volunteerism benefits have temporarily been extended up to four weeks to specifically support the pandemic.
- Astellas is coordinating opportunities to donate equipment, PPE (personal protective equipment) and blood in alignment with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance.
- Astellas was among the first contributors to the iBIO COVID-19 PPE Relief Fund, for which funds have been quickly put to use in procuring PPE for front-line medical and first-responder professionals putting their lives at risk.
- We also sponsored the Illinois COVID-19 Response Fund, coordinated by Governor Pritzker. The fund supports residents affected by COVID-19 in need of critical services, such as food, shelter, primary healthcare services, childcare support and nonprofit safety and operations assistance.
- Astellas is preparing to help humanitarian organizations that support solutions to help prevent, diagnose, and treat COVID-19. This includes corporate donations to Americares, the American Red Cross, and Disaster Relief to support their efforts.
- We activated an employee donation portal supporting the American Red Cross disaster relief efforts and are encouraging employees that are able to donate blood in alignment with CDC guidance.
- Astellas employees also can participate in a virtual food drive through YouGiveGoods, which in turn provides requested food to food banks in local communities. Astellas will match employee donations to the American Red Cross or YouGiveGoods dollar for dollar up to $25,000 each.
- Astellas has weighed in on provisions of stimulus bills that are focused on helping patients gain and maintain access to needed care, such as 90-day prescription refills within Medicare policies and home infusion for patients that would normally receive care in a provider’s office to safeguard patients’ health and wellbeing.
Click here to read our CSR and Philanthropic response statement.
Our Thank You to Oncology Healthcare Workers: