Astellas’ COVID-19 Pandemic Response
- Now more than ever, we are working to ensure that patients have access to and can afford their critical Astellas medications. In the U.S., Astellas has implemented changes to its patient assistance programs as part of the company's ongoing commitment to ensuring that patients have access to our products. Astellas Pharma Support SolutionsSM offers support to patients needing access and reimbursement assistance. Click here to read more.
- We have assessed our supply chain to ensure that the supply, manufacturing and distribution of Astellas products in the U.S. will not be impacted. Our patients will continue to be able to receive all approved Astellas medicines, including our oncology and transplantation therapies, without interruption related to COVID-19. We are constantly evaluating our supply chain to avoid any supply chain shortage and maintain a stable supply of products. Click here for the latest updates on supply status.
- To help ensure patient safety and alleviate strain on healthcare resources, we are implementing changes to our clinical trial operations. In countries with rapid growth of new COVID-19 cases (including the U.S.), we are suspending start-up activities involving study sites for new interventional clinical studies. We are also suspending the enrollment of new patients in ongoing studies.
- We have started to reactivate certain clinical studies in some countries (including the U.S.) following a benefit-risk assessment of each study. We also are building flexibility into clinical trial protocols to respond to changes related to the ongoing pandemic as applicable, such as remotely monitoring the safety of a patient by phone, conducting necessary medical exams at medical institutions close to a patient’s home outside of the trial site, and/or sending the investigational drug to a patient’s home. We will be frequently reassessing this approach, which applies to all interventional clinical trials led by us and our group companies with continued focus on ensuring patient safety across our clinical development programs. Click here for more information on clinical trial operations.
- Astellas is also contributing to the research and development of drugs for COVID-19. We are actively responding to requests from several governments to provide compounds for research. At the same time, we are actively seeking proposals from within or outside of Astellas for our owned technology and potential use of our drugs (under development or on the market) for COVID-19, and we are swiftly evaluating each of them.