Astellas Announces Leadership Moves in Legal, Quality Assurance and Commercial Businesses
To further our mission to meet patients’ unmet medical needs through innovative pharmaceutical products, we recently announced several strategic executive promotions in the Quality Assurance (QA), Commercial, and Legal business units.
- Head of Clinical and Research Quality Assurance (CRQA) David Fryrear is promoted to executive vice president and head of Quality Assurance (QA).
- Senior Vice President, Medical Specialties Steve Sabus is appointed to senior vice president, Oncology.
- Senior Vice President, Health Systems Shontelle Dodson is appointed to senior vice president, Medical Specialties.
- Executive Director, Legal Richard Gane is promoted to vice president, Legal Regulatory Lead for Medical Specialties, Market Access, PV and Quality
- Executive Director, Legal Bryan Anderson is promoted to vice president, Legal Regulatory Lead for Oncology, Innovation, Patient Centricity, and Development.
David Fryrear, M.S., will lead and provide the global vision and strategic direction for QA, from the earliest stages of research through to clinical development and commercialization. With his appointment, Astellas marks the establishment of a single quality-focused division following a merger of the QA and CRQA organizations. David will continue to report directly to Astellas Chief Medical Officer Bernie Zeiher. He joined Astellas in 2019 and has over 30 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
Steve Sabus will lead the US Commercial Oncology business unit with responsibility for Astellas’ oncology marketed products in the U.S. Steve will report to US Commercial President Mark Reisenauer. He joined Astellas in 2007 and has held multiple leadership roles across the US commercial business and served as general manager of Astellas Pharma Canada.
Shontelle Dodson will lead the US Commercial Medical Specialties business unit with responsibility for marketed products in the urology, anti-infectives and hospital business units. Shontelle will report to US Commercial President Mark Reisenauer. She joined Astellas in 2012 and has served in a variety of leadership roles across Astellas, including senior vice president of Medical Affairs, Americas.
Richard Gane will advise on global commercial and marketing strategies for the Medical Specialties business unit and on matters for the Market Access, Pharmacovigilance, and Quality Assurance organizations. Richard reports to Senior Vice President, Legal Nahrin Marino. He joined Astellas in 2017 and has over 24 years of experience as a lawyer in the healthcare industry.
Bryan Anderson will lead the global Legal Regulatory team supporting corporate strategic priorities for the Oncology, Innovation, Patient Centricity and Development business units. Anderson reports to Senior Vice President, Legal Nahrin Marino. He joined Astellas in 2016 and, prior to Astellas, served as legal regulatory counsel at Takeda Pharmaceuticals and as a pharmaceutical products liability litigator in private practice.