You are now leaving XTANDI.com
The website you are about to visit is not owned or controlled by Astellas. Astellas are not responsible for the information or services on this site.
TOKYO, Feb. 9, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Astellas Pharma Inc. (TSE: 4503, President and CEO: Kenji Yasukawa, Ph.D., "Astellas") today announced its commitment to achieve net zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2050.
Astellas is committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions in Scopes 1, 2, and 3*1 by 90% and neutralizing the remaining 10% of emissions by 2050*2, based on the 2015 level. Astellas has received accreditation from the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) for its 2030 GHG emission reduction targets.
"As outlined in our Corporate Strategic Plan 2021, our goal is to 'deepen our engagement in sustainability' and reducing our environmental impact is one of the key issues for Astellas," said Kenji Yasukawa, President and CEO of Astellas. "As a responsible member of society, we are committed to GHG reduction efforts to achieve a sustainable society."
For more information on Astellas' environmental efforts, please visit our website.
Astellas continues to further promote sustainability activities and expand information disclosure under its basic policy, which is to improve the sustainability of both the global society and Astellas while keeping ESG [environmental (E), social (S), governance (G)] in mind.
*1 Scope: Range of calculation of GHG emissions
Scope 1: Direct emissions of GHG from fuels used in-house
Scope 2: Indirect emissions of GHG from consumption of purchased electricity
Scope 3: Emissions of GHG in the supply chain of business activities, such as raw materials procurement and product use
*2 Neutralization: Measures that companies take to remove carbon from the atmosphere and permanently store it to counterbalance the impact of emissions that remain unabated.
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are promoting the Focus Area Approach that is designed to identify opportunities for the continuous creation of new drugs to address diseases with high unmet medical needs by focusing on Biology and Modality. Furthermore, we are also looking beyond our foundational Rx focus to create Rx+® healthcare solutions that combine our expertise and knowledge with cutting-edge technology in different fields of external partners. Through these efforts, Astellas stands on the forefront of healthcare change to turn innovative science into VALUE for patients. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.astellas.com/en.
In this press release, statements made with respect to current plans, estimates, strategies and beliefs and other statements that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements about the future performance of Astellas. These statements are based on management's current assumptions and beliefs in light of the information currently available to it and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties. A number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to: (i) changes in general economic conditions and in laws and regulations, relating to pharmaceutical markets, (ii) currency exchange rate fluctuations, (iii) delays in new product launches, (iv) the inability of Astellas to market existing and new products effectively, (v) the inability of Astellas to continue to effectively research and develop products accepted by customers in highly competitive markets, and (vi) infringements of Astellas' intellectual property rights by third parties.
Information about pharmaceutical products (including products currently in development) which is included in this press release is not intended to constitute an advertisement or medical advice.
SOURCE Astellas Pharma Inc.
Get only the email alerts you want.
For media inquiries and reporter requests, please click here to fill out a request form.
Our communications team will respond to verified media requests within 24-48 hours as appropriate.
If you are not a reporter and need assistance, please visit our contact us page that includes information for patients, healthcare providers and researchers.
This website is intended for U.S. residents only. This website contains information about products that may not be available in all countries, or may be available under different trademarks, for different indications, or in different dosages. Nothing contained herein should be considered a solicitation, promotion or advertisement for any drug including those under development. Any information on the products contained herein is not intended to provide medical advice nor should be used as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare provider.